Sunday, January 23, 2011

A perfect scotch evening


Now that the chilling winter is here, I find myself reaching for a bottle of scotch more often than before.  For me, a nice dram of scotch is an intimate affair, not unlike the feeling when you reunite with an old friend.  There is a drink suitable for every occasion.  Nothing quite beats a tall cold glass of beer when you are just casually hanging out at the backyard while barbequeing, or watching a game of football with a group of friends.  Similarly, pairing a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon with a perfectly grilled steak when you are out in a restaurant downtown with your wife on a Thursday evening just feels right. 

Scotch is a much more personal thing for me.  I almost always drink scotch in solitude, as I get the most enjoyment out of it this way.  

On a cold wintery night, when everyone else is asleep, I put on a warm comfortable robe and settle down in my favorite leather armchair by the fireplace, armed with a nice book and perhaps even a cigar, and poured myself a dram of scotch while listening to the voice of Sinatra and the crackling of wood from the fireplace. 

A perfect scotch evening. 



33 comments:

  1. Classy as fuk brah :D

    http://the-viral-network.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing imagery A+

    http://ectomorphmuscle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^agree. you love your scotch mate

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandfather loves scotch. He knows about all the different kinds of scotch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this picture!
    amazing..having a special scotch by the fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Put on a dab of Sex Panther and have a glass of scotch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a classy evening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got to love a fine cup of scotch :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha..perfect!
    thefitmuscle.blogspot.com
    done$, return favour! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy reading your blog bro!

    Comment back!

    http://mrangrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Scotch is the only good thing about winter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Embarassing truth time. I've never once tried scotch. Am i missing out?

    www.thefactsofvidya.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Scotch... some of the only alcohol I drink, besides the occasional beer or glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Top 1 classy blog, friendo

    http://steppedkeys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello~! Some nice information about the strong alcohol ;p. I am never a strong drinker myself. But its always good to know about the others.
    I have followed your blog.

    Could you follow mine too please at:
    SkyBlueTrading Blog

    If any blogger would like to get their blogs followed by others, please visit my blog too~ I have a list of followers who are likely to follow you back! The list is located to the left side of my blog. Follow me and add a comment, I'll add your bloglink to my list~

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think every night is a good night for scotch, lol.

    http://cmipigeon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome pic to describe a perfect evening

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just be sure to enjoy it in moderation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. what scotch would you recommend to me that isnt $50 a bottle

    ReplyDelete
  20. Must feel good.

    forkfantasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. got ya back man

    click me back at http://benny-lava.blogspot.com/
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. sounds like a great night. Now if you told a similar story using vodka, I would think you are an alcoholic. Scotch is just classy

    ReplyDelete